Friday, April 20, 2007

French Rabbi Punched in Anti-Semitic Attack

Those who think that reports on rising anti-Semitism in Europe are exaggerated should ponder this: The Chief Rabbis of France and Norway have called on Jews not to step outside with obvious Jewish symbols. Of course, for Hasidic Jews, rabbis and other fervently religious Jews, that is not always practical, as illustrated by the latest incident in France, yesterday, when a French Rabbi was attacked at the Paris Nord train station. As reported by Israel National News:

Rabbi Elie Dahan said, “I arrived from Lille and was walking in the Paris station when the man, who was accompanied by a woman, looked at me and cried: dirty Jew, you are looking at me, I will punch you, dirty Jew," Dahan recounted. "He then punched me before running away.”

“My glasses were broken and my eye started bleeding. Several people try to catch my attacker but he escaped," said Dahan, who added that he was surprised by this attack. "I think the guy wanted to show off to his girlfriend. He saw my beard and hat, and told himself: here is a Jew to beat.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home