Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Holocaust Survivor, Israeli Professor Died Heroica...
- Gen. McCaffrey Says U.S. Military is Overstretched...
- John Stewart on The Duke Lacrosse Case and Nancy G...
- The David Alen White/John Mark Reynolds Reading Li...
- Quote of The Week
- "Islam vs. Islamists: Voices From the Moslem Cente...
- Don Imus: This Is Surprising?
- Gloomy Despair in Washington; Cautious Optimism in...
- Maybe Someone Should Start "Vinny Media"?
- Evidence That Liberals Are Worried About Mitt Rom...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like