Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Official Palestinian Media Eulogizes Saddam as Beloved Hero


Today's Palestinian Media Watch Bulletin reports that an official Palestinian Authority television report on the execution of Saddam Hussein focused on the poster displayed above. (Of course, the English translation of the Arabic text and the Palestinian Media Watch logo in the upper right corner have been added.) The broadcast extolled Saddam as a martyr.

I believe there is an Arabic saying, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." It is usually equally true that the friend of my enemy is my enemy. Although the Palestinian Authority only exists because of the American-sponsored Oslo Accords, and has received hundreds of millions of dollars of U.S. aide (most of which has been stolen by the Palestinian kleptocracy); and although President George W. Bush supports the creation of a Palestinian State in Gaza, Yehuda and Shomron; the Paletinian Authority is no friend of the United States.

[Note: I received the Palestinian Media Watch story by e-mail. As of this posting, the online link was not working.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home