Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Hamas Calls for Israel to Disengage from Sederot
- Iran and Syria Press Ahead to Form Line of Confron...
- BREAKING NEWS: Lebanese Christian Leader Pierre G...
- An Intra-Hedgehog Debate: Judicial Confirmations
- It's College Football "Rivalry Game" Time Again
- Republicans should stick to principles, lose the g...
- If You Care About Federal Judicial Nominations
- Oil from Oil Shale at $17 A Barrel?
- Syrian Muslim Brotherhood Opens D.C. Office
- Kassams Kill 1, Critically Wound Another, in Seder...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like