Sunday, August 06, 2006

Reuters Admits to Doctoring Beirut Photo

Reuters has withdrawn a photo of Beirut following an Israeli Air Force air raid, after admitting that the clouds of smoke in the photo had been digitally enhanced. Reuters apologized to editors who subscribe to the news service and suspended the photographer who took the photo, and apparently altered it, using Photo Shop or a similar program. The fraud was discovered by American bloggers, including Charles Johnson at Little Green Footballs, part of the league of sleuths who previously broke the story of CBS's use of forged memos concerning the National Guard service of President George W. Bush. Interestingly enough, Adnan Haj, the photographer is question, is also the photographer who took many of the photos at the "atrocity" at Qana. Hmmm.


Anonymous BlueBuffoon said...

"Our apologies for any inconvenience"?

At least they pulled the photo, but is inconvenience the issue here? 

Posted by BlueBuffoon

Monday, August 07, 2006 8:04:00 AM  
Anonymous BlueBuffoon said...

UPDATE: Reuters has admitted  finding a second altered photo and has now removed all photos by the now-canned photographer from its database.  

Posted by BlueBuffoon

Monday, August 07, 2006 8:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home