The Jerusalem Post reports that the Israeli Cabinet has approved a three-pronged offensive to drive Hezbollah across the Litani River. The only pity is that it didn't start last week, when the IDF Staff first made the recommendation.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Monday, July 31, 2006
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Best Political Cartoon on the Seattle Shooting
- OPEN LETTER TO MARK STEYN: If My Son Becomes a Ji...
- Posing the Tragedy
- Cry to Those Who Use Babies as Shields
- Illegal Immigration: The GOP's Hobson's Choice?
- Krauthammer: Let Israel Win the War
- Cartoon of The Day, by Michael Ramirez
- An Unusual 2008 Presidential Straw Poll
- Hedgehog was Right: Israeli Cabinet Rejects IDF L...
- International Calls for a Ceasefire In Lebanon: N...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like