Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Random Musings on A New Day

Light posting today as I head to Charleston, South Carolina. It's my first trip, so restaurant recommendations are welcome.

I got another e-mail from David Frum. I must say, although I will always disagree with him about his approach to "the prior nomination" (code for the Miers debacle - it sounds better than "the late unpleasantness" and avoids unfortunate reminders of a past civil war), he does emanate sincerity and good will. I certainly can't say that about Chuck Schumer.

For all you PDA geeks out there, I'm posting this from my Blackberry. I consider that evidence of my cyber-savviness. My teenage son thinks it proves I have no life. (Note: Blackberry posting is quite easy. I even went back in and edited the typos in this post.)

Prediction: The mud thrown by the anti-Alito brigades will not stick. It's all just too hysterical, hollow, and weird. They'll all scream and rant for 30 days to please their interest-group masters, then watch, angry and powerless, as he is confirmed.

Have a nice day.


Blogger George Berryman said...

Bl;ackberry, eh? Careful with your thumbs! Heh. Actually I was debating on whether or not to ask for one for Christmas but I can barely keep track of my glasses, let alone a sophisticated piece of technology like a Blackberry or an iPod. 

Posted by George Berryman

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 12:00:00 PM  
Anonymous saveliberty said...

George --PDAs are wonderful. I just got one (though sadly not a Blackberry) and it receives my email faster than my laptop does. If you can ask for one for Christmas, you won't be sorry. :-)

Alamo Nation readers would be delighted. 

Posted by saveliberty

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 5:41:00 AM  
Blogger nccardfan said...

Try the crispy flounder at Garibaldi's. You won't be disappointed.

If the weather's nice, there's a rooftop tavern called The Library you might want to check out.

Finally, for great deli, seafood, and oyster bar, stop by Hyman's.

Charleston is simply beautiful. Enjoy! 

Posted by bill

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...he does emanate sincerity and good will."
Perhaps so but he, and the others, convinced me that I'm not a proper conservative or even a good Republican. Not wanting to be in a club that doesn't want me, I've cancelled my NR subscription after a 20+ year run. 

Posted by paul

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:22:00 AM  
Blogger The Hedgehog said...

Paul: I know how you feel. I was just starting to feel like I belonged among the NRO crowd and had just subscribed when all this happened. I am keeping the subscription because I want to know what they are thinking and saying, and to remain engaged. It's a close call, however, and I certainly understand your decision. As far as I am concerned, they are on probation, I guess.

Bill: I'm going to try to get to Garibaldi's for lunch today. 

Posted by The Hedgehog

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home