Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Random Musings on A New Day

Light posting today as I head to Charleston, South Carolina. It's my first trip, so restaurant recommendations are welcome.

I got another e-mail from David Frum. I must say, although I will always disagree with him about his approach to "the prior nomination" (code for the Miers debacle - it sounds better than "the late unpleasantness" and avoids unfortunate reminders of a past civil war), he does emanate sincerity and good will. I certainly can't say that about Chuck Schumer.

For all you PDA geeks out there, I'm posting this from my Blackberry. I consider that evidence of my cyber-savviness. My teenage son thinks it proves I have no life. (Note: Blackberry posting is quite easy. I even went back in and edited the typos in this post.)

Prediction: The mud thrown by the anti-Alito brigades will not stick. It's all just too hysterical, hollow, and weird. They'll all scream and rant for 30 days to please their interest-group masters, then watch, angry and powerless, as he is confirmed.

Have a nice day.

4 Comments:

Blogger George Berryman said...

Bl;ackberry, eh? Careful with your thumbs! Heh. Actually I was debating on whether or not to ask for one for Christmas but I can barely keep track of my glasses, let alone a sophisticated piece of technology like a Blackberry or an iPod. 

Posted by George Berryman

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 12:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

George --PDAs are wonderful. I just got one (though sadly not a Blackberry) and it receives my email faster than my laptop does. If you can ask for one for Christmas, you won't be sorry. :-)

Alamo Nation readers would be delighted. 

Posted by saveliberty

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 5:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...he does emanate sincerity and good will."
Perhaps so but he, and the others, convinced me that I'm not a proper conservative or even a good Republican. Not wanting to be in a club that doesn't want me, I've cancelled my NR subscription after a 20+ year run. 

Posted by paul

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:22:00 AM  
Blogger Lowell Brown said...

Paul: I know how you feel. I was just starting to feel like I belonged among the NRO crowd and had just subscribed when all this happened. I am keeping the subscription because I want to know what they are thinking and saying, and to remain engaged. It's a close call, however, and I certainly understand your decision. As far as I am concerned, they are on probation, I guess.

Bill: I'm going to try to get to Garibaldi's for lunch today. 

Posted by The Hedgehog

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home