Saturday, October 29, 2005

David Frum Responds

This morning I received an e-mail from David Frum in response to my post just below. It was a private communication not intended for publication. I will say, however, that Mr. Frum's e-mail was thoughtful, cordial, and impressed me deeply. He helped me see the matter in fuller perspective and, of course, did not have to respond at all. I am beginning to feel that all of us on the conservative side might just be about to turn the corner on this thing.

My choices continue to be Cox, McConnell, Luttig, and Alito, in that order. This could be lots of fun.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I am beginning to feel that all of us on the conservative side might just be about to turn the corner on this thing."

I agree! What are your feelings on Janice Rogers Brown and/or Pricilla Owens? 

Posted by DL

Saturday, October 29, 2005 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger nblaw said...

A nomination of any you suggested will complete the healing. The conversative movement will be united. 

Posted by Richard

Saturday, October 29, 2005 7:24:00 PM  
Blogger nblaw said...

"conservative"

Saturday, October 29, 2005 7:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assuming the new selection is a woman, its going to be a bit tricky simultaneously making both Ann Coulter and Chuck Schummer happy

Once someone starts looking at the details, it makes sense why Bush went with Miers

It will be a hard sell to the public replacing Justice O'Connor with a man, despite what Laura Ingraham claims

see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_Supreme_Court_candidates 

Posted by Rob

Saturday, October 29, 2005 9:50:00 PM  
Blogger Stan said...

When David and Kathryn acknowledge that they knee-capped the president and endangered the war effort, the wounds will start to heal (at least for me). They can believe that the damage to the troops, the president, and the GOP are worth getting Miers removed if they want. I'd love to read the argument.

They are entitled to their views. They are not entitled to their facts. 

Posted by stan

Monday, October 31, 2005 6:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home