Thursday, October 27, 2005

A Fine and Feisty Summary of Anti-Miers Venom

Take a look at Alamo Nation's post today, in which George Berryman provides day-long updates of unworthy comments by anti-Miers conservatives. George does a fine job of expressing the outrage of conservatives like me who were found the hard right's savaging of Miers so repulsive.

I especially loved this graph:

Hannity and Bork are now taking turns trashing Republicans, making the distinction (as many in the elite conservative punditocracy do) between Republicans and Conservatives. Again, as I said earlier this week, a lot of us do not see that the two necessarily need to be divided. I am both a conservative and a Republican. I am in fact a Reagan Republican. For me to claim that I am other than those two things would be dishonest.
You nailed it, George. A conservative Republican and proud to be both. I am also glad to be one of that fine breed.

One upside of the Miers debacle is the great collection of new blogs I have discovered, like Alamo Nation and The Anchoress. I really like both of them and am adding them to my blogroll. You should too!

3 Comments:

Blogger George Berryman said...

Hey there Hedgehog. I actually first heard about you tonight on Hugh's show (it runs 8-11pm here in Dallas) and that's what lead me over to your little corner of the blogosphere.

I agree with you that the one upside of the Miers debacle has been the number of great blogs I'm discovering for the first time, including yours, Don Suber's, All Things Beautiful and others. For most of the links I took off my blog (NRO, Coulter, Ingraham, etc.) I was able to add in fresh new sensible voices. And for that I am very grateful.

Today was a real chore. I was posting most of that from work, having to grind my fingers to the bone keeping up with what I was hearing and reading as well as working what turned out to be a very busy day. Argh.

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. I look forward to checking out your insight daily. 

Posted by George Berryman

Thursday, October 27, 2005 11:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this a game of sour grapes now? If you truly are loyal to Bush then you must support him in accepting her withdrawal as he did, and move on.(sorry about that move on bit!)The enemy guys is the liberal establishment (or is it?)

Shift gears and start fighting the left's ridiculous notion that O'Connor must only be replaced by another "SWING" jurist, and that the Republicans must maintain a "Balance" on the court or America will suffer.
You will hear these two words from the mouths of every lib and their media counterparts-as if they were legitimate. 

Posted by DL

Friday, October 28, 2005 1:20:00 AM  
Blogger George Berryman said...

I do  support him accepting her wishes to withdraw. I support him now and I have always supported him unlike many of my 'fellow' conservatives who spent their time backstabbing him over the last month and who now claim to be "fully behind this President." 

Posted by George Berryman

Friday, October 28, 2005 7:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home