Read this post on Slugger O'Toole's blog, re-publishing a Newton Emerson piece in the Irish Times. Then peruse the comments to the post. Aside from the authorship of an Irish writer (which itself gives the piece an interesting angle) the ensuing discusison is about as interesting and fair-minded (with openly displayed biases here and there) as you will see anywhere. (HT: Hugh Hewitt.)
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Thursday, September 08, 2005
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Two Views of The Blame Game
- Do The U.S. Mainline Protestant Churches Truly Sup...
- A Little More Information on Gregory Henderson, M....
- Choosing The News
- "The power of collective human love:" The Latest ...
- The Katrina Law Firm Challenge Continues: They Co...
- Everybody Wants to Be in Show Business
- Bill Clinton Never Fails - to Display Astonishing...
- Christopher Hitchens: "A War to Be Proud Of"
- How Will the Left Oppose the Roberts Nomination as...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like