Friday, September 02, 2005

Learning from Katrina

Hugh Hewitt offers today a set of ideas on what to do now. I hope they are widely read. It is time for some leadership, and I hope the White House and the GOP provide it.

I have one question about preparedness: What if a terrorist attack had produced the same devastating results as Katrina? The response so far to the hurricane has been far from reassuring-- and in Katrina's case authorities even had advance warning. That won't happen with a large-scale terror attack.

I am not among those who are playing the blame game or criticizing emergency assistance authorities. No one expected Katrina be a disaster of such horrific scope. But I guess that's the point, isn't it? We were unprepared. The intelligent thing to do now is to recognize that fact and be sure that we are better prepared next time.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home