Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Hedgehog Blog Law Firm Challenge for Katrina Relief

As noted below, I happen to be a partner in Foley & Lardner LLP, which has agreed to match dollar-for-dollar, up to $100,000 in the aggregate, any contributions by Foley & Lardner personnel to any of the relief agencies providing support to the people and communities affected by this tragedy.

In response to last year's tsunami, our firm raised almost $300,000 in this way. I am not raising this in order to brag, however. If ten law firms of simiar size (and even smaller ones-- it really doesn't matter) did the same thing, we'd have $3 million in relief funds. Twenty firms would raise $6 million or more, and so on.

If you're with a law firm, get your management to set up a matching donation program like Foley & Lardner's. Let me know about your program and I will make sure it gets posted here and elsewhere and publicized by the likes of Hugh Hewitt. (I was just now on Hugh's show with him and he agreed to help publicize this effort on the air.)

Lawyers, let's join together and do some good!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea! I'll pass it along to the law firms we work with, and will implement it at Laer Pearce & Associates, my public affairs firm. 

Posted by Laer

Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just happened to be in KRLA land this afternoon - caught your conversation with Hugh. Don't let the fame and fortune go to your head :) 

Posted by Cordeiro

Friday, September 02, 2005 12:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cordeiro, I'm afraid that if I got cocky about being on Hugh's show he'd make me hang up on myself.

When you're in L.A. you're supposed to call me for lunch.

 

Posted by The

Friday, September 02, 2005 6:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dewey Ballantine LLP instituted a matching program for employee (and partner) donations to a number of charities involved in the Gulf Coast disaster relief.

 

Posted by Jeff Witham

Friday, September 02, 2005 5:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home