Our blogfather has an unusually long and terribly worthwhle essay today on Tim Rutten's L.A. Times piece today, the New Yorker piece on Hugh, and related subjects. Pour yourself a cold drink, find an easy chair, and read the whole thing along with all the linked articles. (Note: Looks like if you want to read the New Yorker piece you'll have to break down and buy the magazine. The piece on Hugh is called "Right Hook: Going after the liberal media.")
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Saturday, August 27, 2005
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- The Question About Cindy Sheehan That I've Been Wa...
- Giving New Meaning to the Term "Riveting:" Michae...
- Power Line: "Some Thoughts on Casualties in Times...
- Consitutions, American and Iraqi
- The Future Comes to Gaza
- Quote of The Day; And What Do You Think?
- Vote in Patrick Ruffini's Straw Poll
- In Which I "Adopt A Box of Docs:" A Review of Joh...
- The Minutemen
- Soldiers' Angels
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like