Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Sunday, September 11, 2005
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- If You're in The Mood To Feel Disturbed About Iran...
- Devastation Along The Gulf Coast
- Maybe Nancy Pelosi Should Re-Consider Her Boycott ...
- An Unbelieveable Design for A Flight 93 Memorial
- Slugger O'Toole: Newton Emerson Can Certainly Tur...
- Two Views of The Blame Game
- Do The U.S. Mainline Protestant Churches Truly Sup...
- A Little More Information on Gregory Henderson, M....
- Choosing The News
- "The power of collective human love:" The Latest ...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like