Read this Power Line post and every link it contains. It is riveting, and especially important at this time of Hiroshima remembrance, Iraq war anxiety, and post-9/11 trauma.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Friday, August 05, 2005
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Stem Cells, Senator Frist, and President Bush: A ...
- On Being A Marine In Iraq, And Leaving
- Privatize PBS
- Supreme Court: What's The Difference Between The ...
- CENTCOM's Web Page: Add to Your Blogroll!
- A Wireless America?
- What's The News Media's Responsibility in The Wils...
- The National Scout Jamboree: Why This Matters
- We'll Always Have Florida
- Kelo v. City of New London Revisited -- in Gaza
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like