Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Wednesday, July 13, 2005
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Illegal Immigration: What About The Employers?
- Steven Hayes and The Iraq-al Qaeda Connection: Th...
- "War of The Worlds"
- Are The Brits Tough? You Bet They Are!
- Al Franken Explains It All for You
- Hugh Hewitt Hitting Hard
- We Stand with Great Britain Today
- Winds of Change: Go Here for Global War on Terror...
- Cutting to The Chase on The Supreme Court Nominati...
- Live8, Africa, and The Root of The Problem
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like