Power Line posts Senator Frist's speech on the Senate floor today. It's a terrific argument; I hope it gets past the news media filters to the public.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Monday, May 23, 2005
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- A Little Frivolity (Warning: Monty Python Humor W...
- More on The Boy Scouts - San Diego Controversy and...
- Saturday Morning Musings
- The San Diego Boy Scouts Controversy: An Exchange...
- Can Respect Between Muslims and Non-Muslims Be Mut...
- Another Scathing and Compelling Piece by Christoph...
- Yes, Newsweak Fouled Up; But Where Does Blame for ...
- Right Wing Nuthouse: A New Blog Discovery
- Hugh Hewitt, Terry Moran of ABC News, and RightWin...
- This Week's Congressional Medal of Honor Remembran...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like