Publius Pundit (whose site is quite attractive, by the way) has some interesting analysis of President Bush's travel schedule, which sandwiches his trip to Russia (where Putin is reportedly putting up statues of Stalin) between trips to Latvia and Georgia. Both countries are looking westward and have very cold relations with Mother Russia. Publius is a great place to visit for analysis of post-Cold War international relations.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Monday, May 09, 2005
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- The Congressional Medal of Honor: Duty, Honor, Lo...
- Thursday Morning, May 5, 2005
- Blogging Marches On
- Foreign Policy: Confirm Bolton
- As Memorial Day Approaches: Consider The Congressi...
- Thinking of Starting A Blog? Would You Simply Lik...
- John Bolton and Ted Kennedy: Living Parallel Live...
- Hispanic Assimilation, The Corporate World, and Il...
- A Revised Format for CBS News
- Senator Barbara Boxer
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like