Saturday, November 13, 2004

What Is It Like to Be An Iraqi Right Now?

">Link

It is impossible to know, but this blog will give any reader some insight. It's run by a 16 year-old girl in Mosul who goes by the moniker Aunt Najma. She describes herself as follows:

My name is not Najma Abdullah, and I'm not going to tell you my real name, coz I don't want to get killed. . . . [Has any one of us complacent Westerners ever had to worry about that?] I started to write a blog to fill my time, and it really worked.
. . .
I was born in Baghdad in 1988, April, 23rd. I'm originally from Mosul but my father had to complete his studying of medicine in Baghdad, so my mother and father settled down with my aunt in her house, because her husband was caught as a prisoner to the enemies in the Iraq-Iran war. And there I was born. All of my mother's family members are living in Baghdad coz my grandpa moved to Baghdad 1967.

Read her latest heart-rending post and leave a comment for her.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home