Monday, August 08, 2011

The 600-point Dow Slide and President Obama: Is He A Sudden Convert to American Exceptionalism?

You may recall that when President Obama was asked if he believes in American exceptionalism, he famously responded:
“I believe in American exceptionalism, just as I suspect that the Brits believe in British exceptionalism, and the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism.”

Well, today, responding to the Dow crash of over 600 points, he said:
“This is the United States of America. No matter what some agency may say, we've always been and always will be a triple-A country."

So, combining the president's statements and apparent philosophy, I guess this means:
“I believe America is a triple-A country, just as I suspect that the Brits believe they're a triple-A country and the Greeks believe they're a triple-A country."

Well, maybe not the Greeks, but you get my point.

UPDATE:

This piece by Nile Gardiner, "The stunning decline of Barack Obama 2011 edition: 10 key reasons why the Obama presidency continues to melt down," is a must-read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home