Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Monday, February 21, 2011
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Movie Review: "Unknown"
- Michael Medved Takes on the Paranoid Style in Amer...
- Dry Bones: The Middle East Election Hotel
- Soros Says Israel is "Main Stumbling Block" to U.S...
- EGYPT--Too Soon to Call
- Chill Out about Egypt, Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity...
- DRY BONES on Egypt
- Beautiful Mosaic Floor Uncovered at Site of Prophe...
- Woody Hayes, Hosni Mubarak and the Future of Egypt...
- Israeli Labor Party of Blessed Memory
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like