In a column in today's Wall Street Journal, entitled "When No Really Means No," Bret Stephens recounts the sorry history of six years of negotiations aimed at stopping Iran's march toward nuclear weaponry. Iran's leaders have consistently and unequivocally refused to halt its nuclear enrichment program. When will the U.S. and Europe begin to take them at their word? More importantly, when will the U.S. and Europe resolve to do something about it? And Holy Multilateralism, does anyone really believe that China and Russia are willing to be part of the solution rather than the problem?
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- The End of 2500 Years of Jewish Life in Yemen
- Mortal Fear in Israel
- Fixing Global Warming With a Helium Balloon and a ...
- Los Angeles: The Deli Capital of the USA?
- MSM Reacts Mildly to Obama White House Enemies Lis...
- Mitt Romney on America Standing With Its Allies - ...
- Obama's Foreign Policy Naivete and Uncertainty Pro...
- Read on the Web: What Joe Wilson Should Have Shou...
- Obama's Peace Prize: It's More About Europe Than A...
- Obama Wobbliness Discomforts Our Allies and Encour...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like