Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Read on the Web: What Joe Wilson Should Have Shou...
- Obama's Peace Prize: It's More About Europe Than A...
- Obama Wobbliness Discomforts Our Allies and Encour...
- Saturday Night Live Poking Fun at Obama - Again
- Ancient Egyptian Coins Reportedly Found Bearing Na...
- Going Dutch: The Netherlands Alternative of Using ...
- Happy Sukkot from Dry Bones and the Hedgehog Blog
- "When France Chides You for Appeasement, You Know ...
- Conservative v. Liberal Foreign Policy--Or Why Ira...
- It's only 2009 and we are already talking about th...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like