Friday, May 01, 2009

Keith Olbermann and Miss California: Have You No Decency, Sir?

Disclaimers: I don't watch Keith Olbermann or O'Reilly, so I don't know if this is the kind of thing they do regularly. From what I have read, I also think Ms. Prejean is a terrible spokesperson for any serious political issue.

Having said that, I think this is one of the meanest bits I have ever seen on any prime-time show that purports to be about news and/or commentary:



And it goes on for over 4 minutes . . . . I first saw this on Instapundit, a favorite blog of mine. The author's a libertarian law professor named Glenn Reynolds, who says about all this:
It’s stuff like this that makes all the “have you no decency, sir?” stuff from the left hard to swallow. Plus, "gay gynephobia?"  There does seem to be a lot of misogyny coming out of the gay-marriage crowd lately. I don’t think it does them any credit, and if it were coming out of people who didn’t possess the Official Victim Sanction it would be denounced mercilessly by the usual chin-tuggers. Instead, as Gloria Feldt demonstrates, they’re joining right in.

Meanwhile, you probably can name Ms. Prejean, but can you name this year’s Miss USA?
Well, no, I can't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home