Dry Bones explains all:
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Monday, February 16, 2009
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Global Warming Mania May Be Waning, But Watch Out ...
- When the Quest for Middle East Peace Trumped U.S. ...
- ISRAELI ELECTION FINAL: We Know the Vote Count; N...
- ISRAELI ELECTIONS: Do Not Trust the Exit Polls
- Victor Davis Hanson on the "stimulus" package
- Pure, frivolous fun
- Video of the week: MIlton Friedman
- FROM THE PHONE BOOTH: The Smallest Space in Hollyw...
- Did Danny Pearl Die In Vain?
- President Obama Accepts Blame for Nominees' Tax Pr...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like