Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Friday, October 31, 2008
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Obama Worries Joe the Plumber About Israel As Well...
- How Does Jewish Tradition View Proposition 8? Loo...
- Proposition 8 and California's Schoolchildren: A P...
- If Obama Wins, the Left-Dominated Media Will be th...
- Proposition 8 and Civil Rights: Is There A Parall...
- Sarkozy Describes Obama Approach on Iran as "Utter...
- DEAN BARNETT (1967-2008)
- Comic Relief: California's Proposition 8 and "Par...
- Fred Thompson: Worth Watching
- Proposition 8: Comic Relief
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like