Amid the tumult of a presidential campaign, messages like this one are a reminder of what is important about how people live their lives:
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- The Kotel--Western Wall--Plaza Draped in Snow
- A Point Mitt Romney Needs to Make Repeatedly Over ...
- Some Thoughts on Florida
- Giuliani Finishes Weak Third In Florida; Will Repo...
- Some McCain Cluelessness That The News Media Didn'...
- The Final SOTU
- Senator Obama Holds News Conference Call for Jewis...
- McCain's Tarnished Honor
- Gaza Hoaxes: Hamas Staged Power Outage Photos; Re...
- Senator McCain Needs to Remember Honor and Rectitu...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like