Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Thursday, October 11, 2007
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Robert D. Kaplan: Our Troops Want Our Respect, No...
- HOW SWEET IT IS! Stanford Beats USC In An "Upset ...
- Condoleeza Rice Morphs Into Madeleine Albright
- Time Eludes Control by Venezuela's Chavez--For the...
- Will Palestinian Intransigence Once Again Save Isr...
- More Good News from Iraq; U.S. Troop and Iraqi Civ...
- U.S. and Iraqi Troops Strike at Al-Qaida; While Jo...
- Ahmadinejad's Holocaust Myths
- So Just What Happened in Syria?
- Harry Potter and the Four Species
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like