It looks like having one's father in the Senate for just over a single term can be very beneficial to a guy's business. Especially if your dad is a man of the people named Fred Thompson.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Did Romney Take McCain's Bait?
- For Those Who Have Questions About Mormons
- Remember Me
- BBC Journalist Kidnapping in Gaza--Has the BBC Rea...
- Mount McCain
- Romney on Immigration: Where's The Flip? Where's...
- Evidence that John McCain is Quite Worried About M...
- Illegal Immigration: One Candidate with A Concret...
- Bernard Lewis on Europe and Islam
- Quote of The Day: The Immigration Compromise
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like