Con Coughlin writes in the Daily Telegraph that Israel's ongoing political crisis has gladdened the hearts of its enemies, who are emboldened by the perceived weakness of the Jewish State. Indeed, Israel has never felt so beleagured since the period immediately prior to the June 1967 Six Day War. Coughlin notes, however, that Israel's foes would be well-advised to remember the results of that confrontation, and recognize that Israel is never more dangerous than when it has its back against the wall.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- An Orthodox Jew Would Vote for A Mormon, Or Some O...
- What They're Saying About Hillary Clinton
- Your USAID Dollars at Work: Palestinians Name Str...
- An Excellent Day by Day Strip
- While Fidel Fades Away, A New Latin American Despo...
- Israeli Chief of Staff Halutz Resigns. Are Olmert...
- U.S. Dispatches Second Carrier Group to Persian Gu...
- Religious Bigotry: Does It Come from The Right or...
- Krauthammer, Stems Cells, and Movies About Mormons...
- 14 Carter Center Advisory Board Members Resign to ...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like