Fourteen members of the Carter Center Board of Councilors have resigned in protest of former President Jimmy Carter's book, Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid. According to the story in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, in a letter to Carter (shown at left with a good friend, now deceased), the members of the Board of Councilors wrote that the former president had "clearly abandoned your historic role of broker, in favor of becoming an advocate for one side." (HT: Little Green Footballs.) From the list of names of the resigning board members, it would appear that most if not all are Jewish. That is unfortunate, since Carter will no doubt portray their resignations as just one more effort by the American Jewish pro-Israel lobby to stifle open discussion on Middle East policy.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Thursday, January 11, 2007
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Just One More Comment on Romney and New Media
- Mitt Romney, The New Media Candidate?
- Instant Analysis of the President's Speech and the...
- Iraqi PM al-Maliki Orders Shiite Militias to Disar...
- Dean Nails The Left
- Rudy Giuliani, The Associated Press, And The MSM W...
- Jimmy Carter's "Apartheid" Charge is a Refrain of ...
- Israeli PM Olmert Calls Gaza Withdrawal "A Failed ...
- Abbas Bans Hamas Militia; 6 Palestinian Gangs Thre...
- Joe Galloway: The Bush Troop Surge is Too Little,...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like