Henrik Modest Broder is a German-Jewish journalist. In 2006, he published a book about the European reaction to Islamofacism, entitled "Hurra, Wir Kapitulieren," ("Hurray! We're Capitulating"). It spent a number of weeks at the top of the Der Spiegel best seller list. Yesterday, Der Spiegel's English online website published an essay excerpted from Broder's book. While Broder's book focused on Europe, it appears that he soon will be able to write a sequel on the U.S. Senate.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Friday, January 26, 2007
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- America's Lady MacBeth
- Stop the Warner Resolution--Join Hugh Hewitt--Take...
- Just A Reminder of How Things Were In The 90's
- Israel's Dangerous Crisis of Confidence
- An Orthodox Jew Would Vote for A Mormon, Or Some O...
- What They're Saying About Hillary Clinton
- Your USAID Dollars at Work: Palestinians Name Str...
- An Excellent Day by Day Strip
- While Fidel Fades Away, A New Latin American Despo...
- Israeli Chief of Staff Halutz Resigns. Are Olmert...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like