Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Monday, September 11, 2006
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Why Does the West Appease Radical Islam? Why Has A...
- Hugh Hewitt Dropped In Favor of Michael Savage?
- Love and 9/11
- Released Prisoners Return to Kill Israelis
- Hezbollah Demands Release of Terrorist Murderer In...
- An Example of How The Tide May Be Turning To The G...
- Iran Defies UN Security Council--So What?
- Democrats Try to Block Broadcast of "The Path to 9...
- Interrogations of Enemy Combatants: What's Really...
- ACADEMIC FREEDOM IN IRAN AND AT HARVARD: Ahmadinej...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like