Paul Kujawsky, an occasional guest columnist on The Hedgehog Blog, is a member of the California Democratic Central Committee. In this article posted at dailynews.com, the online service of the Los Angeles Daily News, Paul explains why his sister, a former Lefty, now votes Republican. Of course, we also need an explanation of why Paul still votes Democratic. (Sorry, Paul, low blow.)
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Sunday, August 20, 2006
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Hope, Despair, and Islamofascism
- I BID YOU STAND, MEN OF THE WEST!
- An Emerging 2008 Front-Runner for the GOP, If It W...
- Bottled Water Update
- FERMENT AMONG THE DEMOCRATS
- The Latest Terrorist Threat: Sealed Water Bottles...
- Why go to war if you don't intend to fight?
- "Islamic Facists?" Call Them "Islamic Nazis"
- Oslo Replay: Hezbollah Trying to Cheat and Keep A...
- Cartoon of the Month (And Possibly of The Year, An...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like