Caroline Glick, the Middle East Fellow for Frank Gaffney's Center for National Security, writing in the Jerusalem Post, has some concerns about the diplomatic aspects of the battle against Hezbollah, but is optomistic both about the on-the-ground military confrontation and the longer-term struggle against the "holy terror" alliance of Iran, Syria, Hezbollah and Hamas.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- The Israeli Defense Force and Their Opponents: Tw...
- Israel's Leaders Let Politics Dictate Tactics, and...
- Who are the Lebanese Prisoners that Hezbollah Want...
- Arabs For Israel and Against Hamas and Hezbollah
- LAND FOR WAR?
- Jed Babbin Has A Busy Day
- Israel's Response Is Proportionate
- Illegal Immigration: A Very Uncomfortable Underto...
- George Will And The War On Islamofascism
- Nasrallah: Hezbollah Will Launch 500 Missiles at ...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like