Critics of Israel's "disproportionate response" have expressed astonishment that Israel attacked Hezbollah rather than negotiating a prisoner swap for its captured soldiers. Who are the Lebanese prisoners whom Hezbollah wants released? Paul Greenberg, writing in Jewish World Review, introduces us to one of them, a charming fellow named Samir Kuntar. As you will read, he is not a very nice man.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Saturday, July 22, 2006
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Arabs For Israel and Against Hamas and Hezbollah
- LAND FOR WAR?
- Jed Babbin Has A Busy Day
- Israel's Response Is Proportionate
- Illegal Immigration: A Very Uncomfortable Underto...
- George Will And The War On Islamofascism
- Nasrallah: Hezbollah Will Launch 500 Missiles at ...
- The Anti-Dean: The Wall Street Journal Gets It Ri...
- Howard Dean on the Middle East Fighting-Wrong As U...
- Caroline Glick on the Cost to Israel of Appeasing ...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like