From Eric Devericks of the Seattle Times:
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Rumsfeld v. FAIR: A Good Glimpse of What We Can E...
- Refreshing: Reese Witherspoon
- Bush Lied! . . . No, Wait . . . .
- Mark Steyn and Christopher Hitchens: Two Must-Rea...
- Cartoon of the Day
- Double Whammy for The White House
- The Port Deal: Defensible, But Not by A Political...
- "The Arab takeover of major operations at six U.S....
- "Violence Subsides Across Iraq"
- Radical Islam's Jurisdiction
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like