Friday, December 16, 2005

Morgan Freeman, A Man

In an Associated Press interview, Morgan Freeman says the concept of a month dedicated to black history is "ridiculous:"

"You're going to relegate my history to a month?" the 68-year-old actor says in an interview on CBS' "60 Minutes" to air Sunday. . . . "I don't want a black history month. Black history is American history." . . .

Freeman notes there is no "white history month," and says the only way to get rid of racism is to "stop talking about it."

The actor says he believes the labels "black" and "white" are an obstacle to beating racism.

"I am going to stop calling you a white man and I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man," Freeman says.
Pretty refreshing, I think.

(HT: Best of the Web Today.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. Mr. Freeman's opinions are always pretty refreshing. You wouldn't happen to have an email addy on him would you? I really would love to have a conversation with him. I and millions of others I'm sure. I guess in this case, nothing beats a failure but a try. If you do have an electonic address on him and he permits you to give it to me, plz reply to the email address I've provided in order to write to your forum.

Thank you 

Posted by Sheree

Monday, January 09, 2006 12:53:00 AM  
Blogger Lowell Brown said...

Sheree: I can't find your e-mail address. The best link I can offer for contacting Morgan Freeman is this one . You may have to do some drilling down; I hope it works for you. 

Posted by The Hedgehog

Monday, January 09, 2006 6:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home