Thanks to Hugh Hewitt, here is a (somewhat speculative) analysis of what Bush might have been thinking when he nominated Ms. Miers. It's interesting. I wonder if Karl Rove really thinks things through at this level of detail?
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Wednesday, October 05, 2005
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- The Miers Pick: Where We Are Now
- The Coalition of The Chillin'
- Still More on Nominee Miers: Reasons for Both Dis...
- More on Harriet Miers
- Harriet Miers?
- If You Are Following The Joe Wilson Saga, Read Thi...
- Quote of The Week
- Michael Yon Reports from Iraq
- "Thank you, but don't leave yet."
- Katrina Coverage: A Major MSM Organ Concedes Accu...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like