Monday, June 13, 2005

One Solid Year of The Hedgehog Blog!



Just thought I'd mark the anniversary, which was actually yesterday, when I was too busy to post anything.

A few thanks are in order.

  • Thanks to all my friends and family who visit here and still want to associate with me. I've had over 51,000 hits in the last year, and I imagine those folks have lots to do with that.

  • Thanks to Hugh Hewitt, who spoke incessantly of blogs until I finally realized that with about 30 minutes' investment of time I could have my own blog. Before then I was limited to e-mailing everyone I knew whose e-mail address I had and whose political views were sufficiently similar to mine that I knew I would probably not offend them.

Bottom line: Without Hugh, I would not have a blog. Hugh even lets me call in to his show from time to time, which is just a heck of a lot of fun.


Hugh Hewitt: The only person
I know of who is my age . . .
and has grayer hair than I do.



I note with pleasure that I knew none of these good people one year ago; now they are my blogospheric friends and allies.

Long before this blog's next anniversary I will have changed the look of my site and probably will have moved from Blogger. Stay tuned!

Thanks, everyone. Onward and upward. Here's to the blogosphere and to the "wedia!"

UPDATE: Welcome, HughHewitt.com readers! And thanks to Hugh for the link.


Who would have thought such a tiny creature could cause such a stir?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 1st, Hedgehog! Happily, you were my introduction to the blogosphere and I thank you for it. 

Posted by BlueBuffoon

Monday, June 13, 2005 9:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! As you well know, the blogoshere is a free-market of ideas. Those that have the traffic, have the ideas. Keep up the great work because to be honest, there really aren't enough 'smart' blogs out there.

And I can't thank you enough for all the support you've given me.

 

Posted by Matthew Peek

Monday, June 13, 2005 11:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lowell,

We missed you at the Utah Pride Parade in SLC yesterday. Maybe we can rendezvous if you make it out for a Ute game this fall. I'm up for it.

Your friend and confidante,
Jeff G.
Perspiring Warthog
Talon News
hotmilitarystud@yahoo.com 

Posted by Jeff G.

Monday, June 13, 2005 12:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear "Jeff G.:" I thought about deleting your comment but decided to leave it here, in all its sophomoric glory. It's really kind of educational in its own way.

Lowell 

Posted by The Hedgehog

Monday, June 13, 2005 1:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home