Friday, April 29, 2005

Laura Ingraham Returns




During this morning's "fitness episode" I tuned in KRLA here in Los Angeles and lo and behold, what familiar voice did I hear but Laura Ingraham's? She was calling in to her own show, which is being guest-hosted by Dan Patrick of Houston. Apparently she had been on most of the show's three hours.

She said she is doing well and that her surgeon gave her the good news that the cancer had not spread to her lymph nodes. She starts radiation therapy soon and hopes she does not need chemotherapy because "it will really mess up her highlights." (Laura's sense of humor is obviously unfazed by her health issues.) The surgeon needs to go back in next week to get a little more cancer that was detected in one of her ducts.

Anyway, this is great news. I enjoy Laura's show every weekday. She's kind of like a younger sister who's great to hear from daily. Occasionally she gets a little strident and I need to switch to NPR for 10 minutes, for a break and to remind myself why I listen to Laura and others like her. But she's a great presence on the radio dial and I'm glad she's doing so well.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great blog i stumbled onto it.
in response to laura ingraham's cancer diagnosis i set up an online greeting card/guestbook and am hoping people can post well wishes here is the address
http://wellwishesforlaura.bravehost.com/
email me with any questions and be sure to spread the url around. thanks again
-shari 

Posted by shari

Monday, May 02, 2005 9:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your thoughts on Ingraham. My only regret is that I have to travel to exotic locales like California and *ahem* Cleveland to hear her. 

Posted by Jib

Monday, May 02, 2005 10:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, May 20, 2005 4:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home