Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Tuesday, April 26, 2005
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Laura Ingraham
- Filibustering on Ideology
- Quote of The Day
- What The Senate Republican Policy Committee Is Say...
- Filibusters of Judicial Confirmations: What Are T...
- On The "Cheapening" of Marriage
- Krauthammer Gets The Judiciary Controversy Right
- If You're A Marine, What A Bad Day Can Be Like In ...
- Another Heroic Marine: Captain Brian Chontosh, US...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like