Thursday, January 27, 2005

Full Disclosure



There's been a lot of attention paid lately to op-ed journalists failing to disclose that they are getting paid by the people they're writing about. Armstrong Williams and Maggie Gallagher are the poster children for this problem.

The controversy spread, in a way, to bloggers. Several prominent members of the blogosphere have admitted taking money from those about whom they write. Read about that here.

The consensus seems to be that it's all right for journalists and bloggers to take money from the subjects of their articles and posts, but the financial relationship should be disclosed. With that in mind, I have taken a deep breath, placed tongue firmly in cheek, and will now come clean.

Let it be known to everyone reading this space that I don't get any money from anyone about whom I write. Zip. Zero. Nada. Am I happy about this? Well, no. Having a potential conflict like that is a problem I'd love to have. So if there's anyone out there who wants to pay me for writing about you or your favorite cause, pleeeeease contact me. Of course I will disclose the relationship, but that should not bother you.

My biggest problem is that I average about 100 hits per day on this blog. That is not enough to attract even a sniff of interest from any advertiser. But folks! Rome was not built in a day! Do not be short-sighted. Now is your chance to get in on the ground floor. Pay to support the Hedgehog Blog!

If you are interested, you know where to find me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home