Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Thursday, August 05, 2004
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Two Pieces of Interest: One on The War And The Ot...
- Kerry The Swift Boat Captain
- A Fascinating And Sobering Read on The Terror Web
- One Comment about Democracy In Iraq
- So Just How Serious Are We about The War?
- August 1, 2004: The Meaning of Kerry's Foreign Po...
- The Democrat Convention, Two Days Later
- Negative Campaigning and Kerry's Clever (?) Strate...
- Two Subjects The Democrats Don't Want to Talk Abou...
- What The Thinking Bush-Hater Worries About In The ...
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like