Tuesday, August 24, 2004

John Kerry and Bob Dole Discuss Wartime Heroism and The Campaign

">Link
Yesterday, on a long, long drive home after dropping my son off at college, I happened to hear most of the Sean Hannity show. I don't find Hannity to be a particularly insightful political analyst, but he does get great interviews. One of yesterday's guest was Bob Dole, who revealed he had received a telephone call from John Kerry after Dole's comments on Sunday.

[Refresher: as summarized below, Dole had said, among other things:

One day he's saying that we were shooting civilians, cutting off theirears,
cutting off their heads, throwing away his medals or his ribbons. . . . The next
day he's standing there, "I want to be president because I'm aVietnam veteran.]
Well, on Monday morning John Kerry telephoned Dole about those comments. Dole's summary of that conversation is fascinating. Newsmax summarizes it here. It's a must-read.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home