Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Sunday, July 18, 2004
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- To What Extent Is Marriage (Gay Or Not) A Matter o...
- A Useful Summary of The Joe Wilson Saga
- Something To Remind You Why We Went To War
- When Journalists Donate To Political Candidates, G...
- Some Skepticism About The Terrorist Airplane "Dry ...
- Highly Recommended on The Marriage Debate
- A Long And Fascinating Account That Might Just Rui...
- A Good Summary of the Joseph Wilson Yellowcake Sag...
- Fine Analysis of The "Big Issue" in The Election
- Is Mr. Kerry A Phony, Or What?
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like