Monday, April 26, 2010

The President's National Security Adviser Jones Tells A Jewish Joke?

And the joke uses the stereotype of Jews as greedy merchants?

Am I overreacting, or is this event simply unbelieveable?

Well, I guess we must believe our own eyes. Here's the video of National Security Adviser General James Jones giving the keynote speech at a meeting of the Washington Institute For Near East Policy:



I am a little pressed for time today, so will simply say that this is so wrong and so inappropriate on so many levels that I hesitate even to being trying to list them. I'll simply ask what would be happening if a Republican had made this mistake. And I'll refer you to The Lid, who provides many links on the reaction to this, and a plateful of trenchant commentary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home