Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Thursday, April 02, 2009
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Congratulations, Binyamin Netanyahu, Prime Ministe...
- Coming Soon to You: DMV-Style Auto Repairs
- Yankee Ingenuity Lives
- "Faith In Arms"
- Palestinian Authority Disbands Arab Youth Orchestr...
- STORIES YOU WILL NOT READ IN THE LOS ANGELES TIMES...
- Mr. President, Iran's Mullahs Kill Bloggers
- Is the Obama Administration Seeking Better U.S. Re...
- President Obama's Teleprompter Speaks
- PRESIDENT OBAMA: NEITHER A HEDGEHOG, NOR A FOX?
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like