Naomi Schaefer Riley, writing in today's Wall Street Journal, notes that the Democrats have achieved what one might have thought impossible--the party has moved left on abortion. Her evidence includes Obama's "above my pay grade" dismissal of Rick Warren's question regarding when human life begins, and the dropping of the phrase "safe, legal and rare" from the party platform.
Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- Barack Obama: Off The Teleprompter
- About that Jerome Corsi book on Obama
- Kobe Bryant, Patriot
- Quote of the Week: Russia, Georgia, Obama and the...
- Kadima, the "Seinfeld" Party About Nothing
- FROM THE PHONE BOOTH: The Smallest Space in Hollyw...
- Arabs of Gazan Town Wish Israelis Would Return
- How Three Years of Kadima Misrule Have Weakened Is...
- Georgian Crisis Shows McCain is Ready to Lead; and...
- Something a little different
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like