Political and social observations from two aspiring hedgehogs who love the Isaiah Berlin essay.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
"The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing." --ArchilochusWhat Do We Mean by "Hedgehog," Anyway?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
--John Adams, 'Argument in Defense of the Soldiers in the Boston Massacre Trials,' December 1770.
- WSJ Online Today: Fouad Ajami on the Hype of Anti...
- MoveOn.Org's "Baby Alex" Ad: A gift or a liabilit...
- What is "Vero Possumus?"
- The Demcrats' and Obama's Energy Solution: No Dri...
- "Obama Lied, Public Finance of Elections Died"
- Tom Freidman on what to do in Iraq
- Mark Steyn on "Ocean's Election"
- A Must-Read On What An Obama Victory Would Mean
- Breaking News: Arabs Report Israel-Hamas Truce; Ha...
- John Yoo Dissects Boumediene v. Bush
- CALLED AS SEEN
- Sixteen Small Stones
- Protein Wisdom
- Alamo Nation
- The Anchoress
- President Aristotle
- GM's Corner
- Sons of The Republic
- Cheat Seeking Missiles
- RealClearPolitics (check this one every morning!)
- Los Angeles Times (my hopelessly wayward lefty home town paper)
- New York Times (because you need to know what they're up to)
- Opinion Journal (WSJ)
- Washington Post
- Washington Times
- Weekly Standard!
INTERESTING BLOGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN YET
FUN, WHIMSY, AND LITERATURE (along with offbeat opinions)
MILITARY AND FOREIGN POLICY BLOGS (uncensored, unfiltered)
What a real hedgehog looks like